Event and Party Request form
This request form must be submitted at least 7 days before the date of your party.
Terms and Conditions
- A party is any gathering of 4 or more persons in any residence building.
- Impromptu or unauthorized parties are prohibited.
- All parties must be attended by at least one Host who will assume responsibility for the guests.
- If more 10 or more guests will attend, an RA must also attend.
- There must be at least one Host or RA for every 10 guests at the party.
- The Hosts must not consume alcohol, must be present and available for the entire function, and must assume responsibility for the actions of all guests.
- No one under the age of 18 may consume alcohol.
- No guest or resident may be in possession of or consume any illegal drugs.
- No smoking is allowed.
- Containers of alcoholic beverages for mass consumption (including kegs and punch) are not permitted.
- Wherever possible, please consume alcohol in non-glass containers.
- Consumption of alcohol or carrying open liquor is not permitted in hallways, stairwells, out-of-doors (including porches/decks of any residence building), or in non-residence areas of Lions Manor.
- Drinking games and paraphernalia used in unsafe drinking practices (e.g. funnels) are prohibited.
- It is prohibited to sell alcohol or charge admission.
- The last guest must leave the party location by 1:00 a.m.
- Any noise from the party must be limited to the inside of the party location. Residents and guests will be respectful of the neighbourhood and will abide by all City of Winnipeg by-laws.
- Any infraction of the Rules of Living will result in disciplinary action. Residents and/or guests will be required to make restitution for any damages. In the case of damage to University property, if the guilty party cannot be identified, charges for repairs and/or cleaning will be assessed against the host house/floor.
- The Housing Office may call for a house/floor meeting before the party, and has full authority to cancel the party at any time.
- A designate of the Housing Office may visit any party to ensure that these rules and conditions are being observed.
- Empties (beer cans and bottles) must be removed from Residences within 24 hours and shall not be stored in the basement/storage rooms, rooms, or backyards.
- Party Hosts are responsible for all cleaning post-event. Cleaning is not to be left to the cleaners or RAs.